Dene O'Kane was New Zealand's only representative on the highly competitive international professional snooker tour.
He was based in London for 20 years and played extensively throughout the UK, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Canada, South Africa & Australia.
Dene always retained an interest in property and after selling up in London, lived in Castor Bay, on Auckland's North Shore before eventually moving to Waiheke Island, where he still resides.
Dene still plays snooker part time and hopes to add to his list of international titles which include the World Masters Snooker Championship in 2004, 2005 & 2008.
- World Masters Snooker Champion 2004, 2005 & 2008
- Dene won the inaugural World Masters Championship in Veldhoven, The Netherlands. Held in December 2004, the Tournament had 40 players from 20 Countries competing in this prestigious event.
- He successfully defended this Championship in Bahrain, Middle East in August 2005.
- Dene was voted Auckland Sportsman of the year for the Masters category 2006.
- His win in the 2006 Oceania Championship re-qualified him for the International Pro - Tour 2006-2007.
- Dene also won the 2007 New Zealand Open Snooker Championship in October.
- Five tournament victories in 2008: The Australian Open Championship and his third World Masters Championship, held in Wels, Austria in November 2008.
- Three times Oceania Snooker Champion
- Australian Open Champion 2005 & 2008
- Melbourne Open Champion 2005
- City of Melbourne Classic Champion 2005
- Youngest NZ Champion in 1980
- Top 8 in World Professional Champs in 1987 & 1992
- Achieved a highest World Ranking of 11th
- Individual victories – over 8 World Professional Champions including Stephen Hendry - 7 Times World Champion & Steve Davis - 6 Times World Champion
- New Zealand's Master Cue-Sports Coach
Dene has worked at RW City apartments for 9 years, during which time he has specialised in sales at the mid to top end of the market, with multiple sales of penthouses in Metropolis ... and other apartments across Auckland's CBD.
These sales include the top 2 penthouses in Metropolis on the 37th and 38th floors for $2.9m amd $3.45m respectively.
Metropolis is widely regarded as one of the best residential buildings in New Zealand.
Other recent sales in Metropolis include sub-penthouses 3102; 3104; 3203; 3304; 3305; 3405.
Dene has recently listed 3701 Metropolis for sale at offers over $4.5m NZD.
Dene has also joined the team at RW Waiheke in order to capitalise on the ever increasing demand for residential property on this popular and stunning Island. Brimming with vineyards and beautiful beaches, Waiheke was voted one of the World's most popular Island destinations.